[vox] Reasons you might not want to use OpenOffice

Gandalf Parker gandalf at community.net
Thu Oct 28 06:23:24 PDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Brian Lavender wrote:
> call it) immediately jump to its defense.  I think we have a number of
> hobbyists on this list. There should be a Lugod elite organization. Those
> who practice it and those who get it. ;-)

Hmm Ive been using Linux since '95 to run internet service providers
servers (paid position as root) and now run one for myself. Not sure what
the diff between hobbyist and elite is unless the phrase "those who get
it" means "use the software I do". Due to health Im never going to get
caught up with some of you but I didnt consider myself an average user
either.

I run my servers to a purpose, in text mode only. So Im afraid that unless
the topic is scripting or basic L.A.M.P. then Im mostly pretty quiet.

Gandalf  Parker
--
I used them, they used me
now I am an ISP.