[vox] Reasons you might not want to use OpenOffice

Will Marshall marshaw3 at imail.losrios.edu
Tue Oct 26 18:51:29 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Eric Engelhard
<ericengelhard at comcast.net> wrote:
> I use daylight tanks and a scanner mostly myself, too. I have not > had regular access to a darkroom in a few years.

Same, except I haven't been generating much new work.  Everything I've
been working on lately is from reams of old slides and negatives.  I'm
still trying to replace all the gear that got stolen from me (I was an
idiot, didn't have insurance) a couple years back.
Leica gear and rail cameras are a bit beyond my means at the moment to replace.

I send out negatives when
> I want a really nice optical print, but I have been meaning to set up
> my dark room equipment at work.

I usually just scan, correct, and profile transparencies and
send 'em out for a light-jet print.  Even though they're on the flashy
side, I do like being able to get Ilfochrome prints from files.  Then
again, sending out negs is fewer generations of decay than scan, then
manipulate, then print.

> And yes, vinyl, tube amp, and horn speakers.

Got the tube amp, but my speakers aren't all that great.  All of
my audio stuff was scavenged when I was living in the Bay.

 Warning, nude images served from an Unslung NSLU2: http://photophagous.org/

I'll check it out when I'm not somewhere public.

Regards,
Will

--
"Well, the thing about a black hole - its main distinguishing feature
 - is it's black. And the thing about space, the colour of space,