[vox] [fwd] Announcing Google Code-in

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Oct 7 16:21:57 PDT 2010

FYI!

----- Forwarded message from Carol Smith -----

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:27:22 -0700
From: Carol Smith
Subject: Announcing Google Code-in

   Hi everyone,

   We*re pleased to announce that we are planning to run the Google Code-in
   contest starting this November. This is a contest modelled on the success
   of our pilot program the Google Highly Open Participation Contest that was
   run in 2007-08. We will again be giving 13-18 year old students around the
   world an opportunity to get involved with open source projects doing tasks
   ranging from documentation to outreach to coding programs.

   We*re looking forward to a fun contest this year and hope you*ll consider
   participating yourself if you are eligible or spread the word to friends,
   family, and colleagues about the program. Please check out the timeline
   [0] for more details on the program.

   We encourage you to join the Google Code-in contest discussion list [1]
   and announcement list [2].

   Please see our blog post [3] for further details and contact me directly
   if you have specific questions that aren*t answered in the FAQs [4].

   [0] - http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/faqs.html#tlq1
   [1] - http://groups.google.com/group/gci-discuss
   [2] - http://groups.google.com/group/gci-announce
   [3]