[vox] [fwd] Sita Sings the Clues (CC) Creator to Visit Bay Area

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Nov 18 17:35:39 PST 2010

Seen on SF-LUG.

----- Forwarded message from Chris Mason -----

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:36:27 -0800
From: Chris Mason
Subject: [sf-lug] Sita Sings the Clues (CC) Creator to Visit Bay Area

Howdy,

Nina Paley, who created the copylefted film "Sita Sings the Blues"
[1], recently posted this on facebook, and I'm posting it here with
her permission:

"Reminder to CA Bay Area peeps: I am looking for speaking gigs
around/near March 9. My actually coming out to CA depends on arranging
said gigs. I must decide by the end of the month. Please help me!
Thank you."

I know this is primarily a Linux-related mailing list, but I'm
guessing there are some Free Culture [2] folks here as well.

She has also worked with Karl Fogel (author of the copylefted book
"Producing Open Source Software [3]) by doing some phenomenal
animation work for QuestionCopyright.org [4]. She also maintains a
blog [5].

I'm not as active in local Free Software/Culture stuff as I probably
should be, but if anyone reading this is working on an event around
that time-frame that could benefit from her presence... well, now you
know. Don't miss out or hesitate to contact her for your event, the
trials and tribulations she went through in the production and release
of Sita is quite a story.

And, don't forget to watch the film. It's both free and Free, so
there's no reason not to :D

Regards,

Christopher Mason

[1] http://www.sitasingstheblues.com/