[vox] Article: "Upgrading 'Accessible' to 'Fully Accessible'"

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jun 17 13:49:48 PDT 2010

Semi off-topic, but hopefully interesting to many out here, a post on
the blog for The Open Library (run by the Internet Archive):

  Upgrading 'Accessible' to 'Fully Accessible'
  http://blog.openlibrary.org/2010/06/09/upgrading-accessible-to-fully-accessible/
  By Lance Arthur, June 9, 2010

  "As a front-end coder and visual designer, I've often made
  assumptions about visitors to websites I'm designing or coding, but
  have rarely taken the time to consider those who can't see the pages
  until now. How do you navigate without vision? How can we convey the
  same kind of visual codes about the page's contents (headlines,
  colors, white space, keylines, and so on) to blind and visually
  impaired visitors?"

It goes on to talk about some of the issues that they came across
while watching some blind and visually impaired people try to use
the site for the first time.

Enjoy,

Sent from my computer