[vox] [OT] DavisWiki table at Farmers Market tomorrow

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 16 18:39:20 PDT 2010

FYI, in case anyone here feels like helping out the DavisWiki /
WikiSpot / Local Wiki folks!

http://daviswiki.org/Farmers_Market_Tabling

  We're planning to table at the Farmers Market. The goal is to make
  people aware of Local Wiki. We will have fliers, stickers, and
  buttons. We also hope to have some laptops available to play the Local
  Wiki video that's on the Front Page and to have people make donations
  on Kickstarter.

  We have a spiffy canopy so we don't all roast out there!

  What do we need?

  * People to actually come out and table!

  * A cash box and carbon-copy receipt book for non-[WWW]Kickstarter
    donations. We're encouraging people to donate online, but some people
    insist on giving us cash.

  * Chairs.

  * Spiffy signage! Something colorful would be great. Ink Monkey
    Graphics donated a 6' vinyl sign that is awesome, but some handmade
    stuff would be great, too!

  * Laptops! Do you have a laptop with reasonable battery life you
    could come & help us with?

    If the laptop has a bad battery, a long extension cord could
    provide what we need.  If anyone has a tethering setup for their
    laptop, we could use that to take donations online.

Thanks & enjoy!

Sent from my computer