[vox] MSI Wind PC Atom works great

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Fri Jan 8 21:02:28 PST 2010

I just picked up an MSI Wind PC Atom system for a $143 on Amazon. Got a
2 Gig memory stick or another $43 and a 1 TB drive for $85 and a DVD
drive for $39 for a grand total of $310. I have to say it's an
impressive machine. Not to mention, you can barely hear the thing. It's
about the size of my PlayStation 2, so it doesn't take a whole lot of
space. I put the LPIA port of Ubuntu on it. Apparently, Canonical is
abandoning the LPIA port, but this runs impressively.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other

Professor C. A. R. Hoare
The 1980 Turing award lecture