[vox] Got my Dell Vostro V13 today!

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Feb 1 14:24:53 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 01:23:40PM -0800, Jim Lowman wrote:
> Brian, I went to the Dell website and checked it out.
>
> Is Ubuntu Linux available on only the base model?  I didn't see where it could be selected on either model that supported the dual-core CPU.

That is correct. As you probably noted, the base model is.... "pretty
basic". I considered getting the model up, as it has what appears to be
the same specs except you can get a faster HD and a better CPU, yet I
believe the wireless is still supported under Ubuntu. I believe the top
model may require something different. And..  the price on the other
models is... at least $150 more. So, I just went with the base model. I
already have a separate laptop that has better specs. It just wieghs
more! Or, it has a tiny keyboard.