[vox] Mary L. Stephens Branch Library re-opening celebration, Dec. 12th

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Dec 8 10:40:11 PST 2010

The public library in Davis (where we held meetings for quite a while,
and where we'll likely return, beginning early 2011) is having a
reopening celebration!

Davis Library Community Celebration December 12, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
http://www.yolocounty.org/Index.aspx?page=26&recordid=1546&returnURL=/Index.aspx%3fpage%3d189

  On Sunday, December 12, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. the community is invited to
  attend a celebration of the newly renovated and expanded Mary L. Stephens
  Davis Branch Library, located at 315 East 14th Street in Davis. The
  event is free and open to all.

  Special activities during the community celebration will include: the
  Mucky Moose Puppet show; 100 years of Davis history talk by Moira Conlan,
  archivist; Linda Bair Dance Company; Kristine Hager, Miss Davis Idol; the
  Davis Waldorf Fiddlers; the John Moore Band; Chinese storytime; Barbara's
  Dancing tonight, featuring the Davis Swing Kids; Allegra Silberstein,
  Davis poet laureate; and the Pamela Trokanski Dance Theater with the
  Third Stage.

  Additional activities attendees of the community celebration can enjoy
  include: the Davis Friends book sale; library tours; demonstrations of
  the checkout and automated sorter machines; library card drive; prize
  drawings every half hour; and one-on-one research help.

  "Please join the Yolo County Board of Supervisors and the Yolo County
  Library in celebrating our newly renovated and expanded Davis library
  on December 12," said Yolo County Supervisor Helen M. Thomson. "We have
  much to celebrate thanks to the support of Davis residents, the Friends
  of the Davis Public Library and all who helped to make this updated
  facility a reality."

  For much of the past 15 months, the Davis branch of the Yolo County
  Library has been in a temporary location while the library facility
  on E. 14th Street was being renovated and expanded. Renovations were
  made possible through funds resulting from Measure P, passed by Davis
  residents in 2007, which increased the parcel tax that funds library
  services, programs and facilities in Davis.

  The Davis branch library has been closed since the beginning of October to
  move library materials and associated furniture back into the renovated
  facility, and to incorporate almost 7,000 brand new items into the
  collections, thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the Davis Public
  Library. The library will reopen on December 7, following a dedication
  ceremony at 9:30 a.m.

  For more information on the Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, or
  any other Yolo County branch library locations, call the Yolo County
  Library at (530) 666-8002 or visit: www.yolocountylibrary.org.

Sent from my computer