[vox] hosting and e commerce

jimbo evesautomotive at wavecable.com
Tue Aug 17 09:35:20 PDT 2010

I have read the email that the group ahs submitted.  Thank you all for your time and suggestions.

I used Dreamhost about 10 yrs ago and found them very reliable.  The only thing I disliked about the company (at the time) is their customer support.  I couldn't talk to someone 1 to 1.  I Had to email them.  Some like this approach, I don't.  Call me old fashion.

As far as setting up my own server w/ one of the computers I have lying around I would love to do this but the time to take to learn this would bog me down.  I might eventually learn how to do all this.  I know cars.  This in itself is absorbing to say the least much less trying to get a business off the ground.

I did look at linode.com.  I will research this idea at a later time.  To me the page was written in Greek and I don't have a translator, yet. :)

I went ahead and registered my domain and signed up for a hosting pkg with a company called imotion:
http://www.inmotionhosting.com/hostingplans.html

I took the power pkg in which it seems that it would suit my needs best.  They even called me to confirm my order and thanked me for choosing them.  I liked that a lot.  Personal touch goes a long ways.

It's been a while since I had my own domain and published pages but I think that the starter page is still index.html, is this correct?

Again, thank you very much for the time in helping me and giving me suggestions.  All of your ideas are not forgotten.  Especially the do it yourself idea.  On this note Tim asked some pretty good questions such as static ip, bandwidth and setup.  I too would like to know so I might benefit by having my own server one day.

Jimbo

evesautomotive.com (work in progress; estimate time to publish=8/20/2010)