[vox] [fwd] Early Registration Open - Register Now and Save [OSCON, July in Portland, OR]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Apr 1 15:50:43 PDT 2010

FYI.  (And I'm sad it's not in San Jose again this year. :^/ )

----- Forwarded message from O'Reilly Open Source Convention -----

Date: Thu,  1 Apr 2010 10:10:06 -0700
From: "O'Reilly Open Source Convention"
Subject: Early Registration Open - Register Now and Save

Make It Happen at OSCON:
Early Registration Now Open - Register Now and Save $250

If you only come to one technical conference this year, make sure it's
OSCON. In a time of rapid change, open source is key to the evolving
computing landscape.

Our hot topics for 2010 include NoSQL databases, Android & iPhone,
scalable cloud computing, and the rising importance of HTML5. Add to
that a choice of 40 in-depth tutorials, inspiring keynote speakers,
and our regular broad coverage of open source topics, including
Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby and more.

Here's a sample of speakers and sessions:

-Scott Chacon  (GitHub)
Git 101 Tutorial

-Kirrily Robert (Infotrope)
Open Source, Open Data

-Brian Fitzpatrick (Google)
How to Lose Friends and Alienate People: The Joys of Engineering Leadership

-Eric Day (Rackspace)
Drizzle in Depth

-James Tauber (Eldarion)
Pinax: A Platform for Rapidly Developing Web Sites

-Thomas Lockney (Open Management Consortium)
Harnessing Java with Scala

Whether you're wrangling code or people, OSCON is the most
information-dense week you'll spend this year. Come to be inspired,
challenged and educated by experts, exhibitors and, most importantly,
each other.

Register Now and Save
Register by June 2 to save $250:

We look forward to welcoming you to Portland this July!

Allison Randal
Edd Dumbill

Program Chairs, OSCON

OSCON 2010 Sponsors include: Intel, Google, Facebook, Gear6,
Jaspersoft, Parallels, Schooner Information Technology, SourceGear,
and Silicon Mechanics.

For assistance, send an email to conf-admin at oreilly.com

O'Reilly Media, Inc. 1005 Gravenstein Highway North,
Sebastopol, CA 95472 (707) 827-7000 / (800) 998-9938

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer