[vox] [fwd] Early Registration Open - Register Now and Save [OSCON, July in Portland, OR]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Apr 1 15:50:43 PDT 2010

FYI.  (And I'm sad it's not in San Jose again this year. :^/ )

----- Forwarded message from O'Reilly Open Source Convention -----

Date: Thu,  1 Apr 2010 10:10:06 -0700
From: "O'Reilly Open Source Convention"
Subject: Early Registration Open - Register Now and Save

============================
Make It Happen at OSCON:
Early Registration Now Open - Register Now and Save $250
============================

If you only come to one technical conference this year, make sure it's
OSCON. In a time of rapid change, open source is key to the evolving
computing landscape.

Our hot topics for 2010 include NoSQL databases, Android & iPhone,
scalable cloud computing, and the rising importance of HTML5. Add to
that a choice of 40 in-depth tutorials, inspiring keynote speakers,
and our regular broad coverage of open source topics, including
Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby and more.

Here's a sample of speakers and sessions:

-Scott Chacon  (GitHub)
Git 101 Tutorial
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zd9jmseljlvedctccg67pg4ne20fu6i7mmt293ao

-Kirrily Robert (Infotrope)
Open Source, Open Data
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zdjc8eavble4m3p4qeaj3v0dhgbk2gaah35lv988

-Brian Fitzpatrick (Google)
How to Lose Friends and Alienate People: The Joys of Engineering Leadership
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z72dpl5pnjeb9ctj0brd4c6hqp5m6uivnicfggp0

-Eric Day (Rackspace)
Drizzle in Depth
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1znj8v2ab4r2el9isrt68teh96uqkbe5stdhg8e1o

-James Tauber (Eldarion)
Pinax: A Platform for Rapidly Developing Web Sites
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zn8f1go63a854l3pirbmn8ih1jm3k9kqsniqi4c8

-Thomas Lockney (Open Management Consortium)
Harnessing Java with Scala
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zumr6bp585tnereigqskin2mji2cjavf3jhri6h0

Whether you're wrangling code or people, OSCON is the most
information-dense week you'll spend this year. Come to be inspired,
challenged and educated by experts, exhibitors and, most importantly,
each other.

==================================
Register Now and Save
==================================
Register by June 2 to save $250:
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z0qnev2705hh2i84rttbgt29h6732iphoc414vg8

We look forward to welcoming you to Portland this July!

Allison Randal
Edd Dumbill

Program Chairs, OSCON

OSCON 2010 Sponsors include: Intel, Google, Facebook, Gear6,
Jaspersoft, Parallels, Schooner Information Technology, SourceGear,
and Silicon Mechanics.

For assistance, send an email to conf-admin at oreilly.com

O'Reilly Media, Inc. 1005 Gravenstein Highway North,
Sebastopol, CA 95472 (707) 827-7000 / (800) 998-9938

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer