[vox] "The Art of Community" book, avail. as free download

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Sep 18 13:01:26 PDT 2009

Jono Bacon's "The Art of Community" book is now available online
under a Creative Commons "Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike" license.

http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/09/18/the-art-of-community-available-for-free-download/

  When I started work on The Art of Community I was really keen that it
  should be a body of work that all communities have access to. My
  passion behind the book was to provide a solid guide to building,
  energizing and enabling pro-active, productive and enjoyable
  communities. I wanted to write a book that covered the major areas of
  community leadership, distilling a set of best practices and
  experiences, and illustrated by countless stories, anecdotes and tales.

Note: I haven't read it myself, only just downloading it now!
But wanted to share before I forgot... Enjoy!

FYI, Jono Bacon works at Canonical as the Ubuntu Community Manager, and
helps lead the worldwide community of contributors who work on the
Ubuntu family of distributions.  He put together the Community Leadership
Summit that took place the weekend prior to OSCON in San Jose this summer,
co-founded LugRadio, worked on KDE, wrote a few books, and I believe
nowadays is also co-host of TWiT.tv's FLOSS Weekly radio show. *Whew!*

Sent from my computer