[vox] Revision Control roundtable talk in March (tentative) - Want to participate?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Sep 17 18:34:48 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 04:47:25PM -0700, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> Predicting march is a bit difficult, but I'd love to if I'm around!

Well, I'll certainly put you down as a 'maybe', and ping you closer to
the actual date.  (Goes for anyone else who wants to participate.)

My stories of rev. control are pretty mundane.  Use CVS for my projects
at SourceForge.  Use SVN for web app development at work.  (Only 'interesting'
aspect is that the live server's software is upgraded via an 'svn up',
once the changes have been tested on my test copy of the site.)

One thing I COULD talk about, once I learn more about it (and perhaps
enable it on tuxpaint.org) is the ability to push changes to a repository
and have a website _automatically_ update itself whenever anything is
committed.

Oh, and I guess I can talk a little about CIA.  Ok, I guess time to write
myself in as a roundtable speaker, too! :)