[vox] Revision Control roundtable talk in March (tentative) - Want to participate?

Wes Hardaker wjhns156 at hardakers.net
Thu Sep 17 07:02:04 PDT 2009

BK> The other day Bill Alexander from LUGOD was talking to me about
BK> revision control systems, and the various ways he's been using them.

BK> From my point of view, discussions about revision / version / source code
BK> control software often seems like: "you should use [the latest], it's better
BK> than [the one I'm not even using yet, which everyone was telling me to use
BK> last week]". :)

BK> Considering that one size doesn't necessarily fit all, I thought it'd be
BK> fun to learn how people are using software (esp. in ways other than
BK> as a repository for their source code).  Bill offered to talk about how
BK> he uses RCS, CVS, etc., and suggested doing a round-table.

I actually got so frustrated one day when switching back and forth
between two directories with different VC systems and always typing the
wrong command in the wrong directory that I decided, "you know this is
silly; 99% of what you need to do is the same commands".  So I wrote
"The One Ring" to bind them all together:

http://search.cpan.org/~hardaker/TheOneRing-0.3/or

I need to do more to it, but I use it daily to alleviate my brain and
fingers from typing the right command.
--
\ Wes Hardaker                           http://pontifications.hardakers.net /
 \_____ "In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than ________/