[vox] Halloween & OSS for kids

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Oct 26 13:55:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 01:22:43PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> Do you mean mini-CDs?

Oops, sorry, no.  I meant to put 'business' in quotes, not the whole
phrase.  These are little business cards (with curved corners, to keep
kids from poking themselves ;) ) that advertise Tux Paint.

I hand them out to parents that I meet, place them out at LUGOD and
elsewhere, put them out at coffee shops and ice cream joints.  etc :)

They only cost $60 or so for a stack of 1000, full-color, double-sided
with the curve cuts, including shipping.  So that's way cheaper than
putting together miniCDs, and they're always up to date, since they just
point people to the website ;^)

Don't think I haven't thought about discs, though.  Just no resources/time.