[vox] OLPC-SF Community Summit, Nov. 21st in SF

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Nov 11 16:48:30 PST 2009

----- Forwarded message from Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> -----

We (OLPC-SF) are planning a community summit! OLPC NYC is doing
something similar on the 21st, and we'll do our event on the 21st as
well. One on the East coast, and one on the West coast!

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2009
or http://tinyurl.com/olpcsf-summit

The event will be an "unconference" with a "Birds of a feather"
flavor. Please use the wiki or olpcsf mailing list to propose topics,
presentations, panels, etc. and make this *your* event.

We usually have a problem at the meetings where the topic is too
deployment-centric or too technical, and others feel left out. At this
event, we'll have parallel sessions for "Education" Technology" and
"Outreach" (we have three rooms) so that you can pick the ones you
like and skip the ones you don't!

Many of the deployment teams have also agreed to take part in one way
or the other. So, start racking your brains and propose topics.
Anything OLPC and sugar related goes. Curriculum, Deployment tips and
tricks, School Servers, Python hackery, Moodle, Sugar on a Stick, etc.
Make it sing!

We'll also try to link up with the NYC event at some point and
virtually cross-participate.

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer