[vox] Linux Framebuffer Programming?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Fri May 29 10:43:05 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 04:43:17PM -0700, Adam Yergovich wrote:
>    Hello all,
>    After much pain and suffering i managed to compile a 2.6 kernel with
>    working framebuffer drivers on an ARM device.  I'd now like to program
>    it to do some fun things!
>    Can anyone point me in the right direction to some information on how i
>    start to use the drivers from my C program in Linux?
>    Thanks,
>    -Adam

Perhaps you ought to check out SVGA LIB
http://www.svgalib.org/

If you have a framebuffer, you ought to have a device and have the
framebuffer mapped into memory somewhere. I would think at least. Or you
ought to have a device to communicate with it. But I would think that
the svgalib ought to abstract all that for you. ;-)

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/