[vox] How to contact the CS Club at UC Davis??

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri May 1 10:32:53 PDT 2009

The email address I had for the CS Club at UC Davis (which I have been
sending LUGOD meeting announcements to for a number of years) has suddenly
changed to a mailing list, so every time I sent out my announcements,
I get a bounce.

I went to the CS Club's new website, a blog hosted at
http://www.daviscsclub.com/ but I see no contact information anywhere.
There are links to two members' websites, but neither of them are the
club officers (they apparently just had elections), and one of them throws
a 'permission' denied.  I didn't want to randomly harass the other fellow. :)

I tried posting a comment to the "Feedback & Ideas" page, but received
a bogus error from some spam-prevention tool that the blog is running.
(It says my JS and cookies are disabled, which is not the case.)
(I had successfully posted to that blog in the past.)

Does anyone know what the definitive, central contact address is for that
club?

I like to think LUGOD does this kind of thing very well.  We have the
"root at lugod.org" address for the president, as well as other addresses for
elected and appointed officers... they go to whomever is currently in that
position -- sometimes to multiple people -- so that the address never
changes, and you always can contact the appropriate persons(s).

We also have a very comprehensive "Contact Us" page (that every page of
our site links to in two places (sidebar and footer)) over at
http://lugod.org/contact/

It includes all of the officers' addresses (as well as what each officer
does, so it's easy to figure out who to contact), links to our mailing list
info page (including brief descriptions of each address), and even our
postal address.  (I guess all it's missing is a link to the page about
our IRC channel :) )

Sigh.  I hate when things just suddenly break... and contact info for
numerous people I've been contacting about LUGOD meetings always seem
to break randomly.  (The SacBee "events@" one just died in the past two
weeks, it seems! >:^( )

Thanks, and sorry if this is too rant-ish.  No offense intended.

Sent from my computer