[vox] [OT] Atari Party

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Mar 29 18:54:48 PDT 2009

So I held my Atari Party at the Davis Library last night.
Thanks for letting me borrow LUGOD's projector!

Something like 50+ people showed up.  We devoured 9 pizzas, a batch of
'pixel' cookies, and a Pac-Man cupcake cake from Cupcake Cravings in Sac.

I counted at least 14 game systems and TVs/montiors set up and running
simultaneously.  (Good to know the Library's power can manage it.
Alex: Intallfest? ;^) )  A total of 5 or 6 people brought systems.

The event was mentioned in the Davis Enterprise on Wed and Fri, and
apparently a reporter was there with a camera (dunno how I missed him! [*])
so I'm guessing the event will be written up some time this week...?!

In the meantime, I and a few others took some photos of the fun, which you
can see here:

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2009/photos/

More than a few LUGOD regulars (and LUGOD folks from ages ago) showed up. :)

[*] No, I wasn't too busy playing games.  In fact, I was actually too busy
    doing everything else to even PLAY any games! :^P