[vox] Linux Format issue for free, today only

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Mar 4 15:43:46 PST 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:27:26PM +0000, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> I managed to get hold of mine.  But, the download rate was 0.2 kB/s
> download speed on a domestic line that can do 300kB/s :)  Must
> be a lot of people downloading this.

Well, if you downloaded it from the torrent, the number of people
downloading it should _increase_ the bandwidth you get.

When I first started downloading it, it said it'd take 2.5hrs.
A couple minutes later, I looked and was apparently getting 190KB/s
(I never usually see higher than 150 or 160 doing plain DLs),
and it was going to finish in 8 minutes.  By then I had connected
to 18... no wait, 19... other people.