[vox] Advertising on LUGOD.org

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Fri Jun 19 12:53:34 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 01:47:26PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 01:25:02PM -0700, Gandalf  Parker wrote:
> > For someone so involved with Tux Paint Im surprised that you dont do more with places like CafePress. Some witty linux shirts, mugs, mousepads, etc. Are the items that came with Tux Paint useable for commercial products? I can come up with marketable witties but dont do as well with simple sketch art to go with them.
> >

> I've done CafePress stuff for both Tux Paint and LUGOD.
> I'm not a very good artist, though. ;)

Ive been in CafePress since its birth (altho Id recommend others once someone decides to specialize in shirts or mugs or posters etc)

Actually, a "good artist" is a drawback. Their work is too involved to be seen at a glance from a distance. A tshirt is better off with a simple doodle. Or a 4 line drawing. Cartoon quality at best. Even crayon drawings are better than the artwork I get sent when I request something from the crowd.

I have a shirt I wear frequently that askes "do you doodle" because Id rather pay some "Im not really an artist" scribbler the same amount than an artist who gives me something more suitable to a poster than a tshirt.

I can come up with some text lines for us to work on. We can always have a contest someplace. Ask for low qualit clip-art to go with the text and offer them a shirt "at cost" for the winner.

Gandalf  Parker