[vox] [fwd] Peachpit User Group Partner Program News: June 2009

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jun 17 13:56:46 PDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from Peachpit Press -----

June 2009

Trouble viewing this message? Click here.
http://www.peachpit.com/content/downloads/peachpit/UserGroupNews/PPUGNews_June2009_US.html

Dear User Group members,

I suppose most of you are preparing to head out on your summer
travels. Before you do, we want to send you off with the tools to help
you capture those unforgettable moments.

Check out David duChemin's podcast series where he offers photo
critiques to help you enhance and express your photographic
vision. Once you've taken all those vacation shots, Cher
Threinen-Pendarvis and Donal Jolley will help you turn them into fine
art using the techniques in their beautiful four-color book, Beyond
Digital Photography.

If you're planning to shoot video, Chris Breen's The Flip Mino Pocket
Guide will have you shooting, editing, and sharing that summer vacay
in no time!

And for those who plan to use the time off to brush up on your
Photoshop or CSS skills, we have something for you as well.

Jackie Hill
usergroups at peachpit.com
800.283.9444 x129

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

== For Photography Groups ==

Share your photos on our Within the Frame flickr group and David
duChemin, author of the recently released Within the Frame, could
select your image to critique in an upcoming podcast episode! You can
check out all current podcast episodes on Peachpit.com.

Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/withintheframe/
Within the Frame book: http://www.peachpit.com/title/0321605020
Podcast: http://www.peachpit.com/podcasts/channel.aspx?c=159bdd23-69e4-48ca-9083-de02e56232f9

== Sample Chapters ==

Yes We Did!
http://www.peachpit.com/title/0321631536
By Rahaf Harfoush
Rahaf Harfoush reveals how the combination of an unwavering strategic
vision and collaborative technologies including blogs, social networks,
twitter and SMS messaging, empowered a formidable online community to
elect the world's first "digital" President. Check out the free sample
chapters:

How Social Media Built the Obama Brand: Understanding the Past
http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1352540

My.BarackObama.com: Keep it Local, Keep it Real
http://www.peachpit.com/content/images/9780321631534/samplechapter/0321631536_ch6_yeswedid.pdf

== Learn Something New for $1 a Day ==

Take your

design skills to the next level with the best books and videos for

only $1 a day. For a limited time, sign up for a Safari Books Online

Library account for just $30 a month and save 30%!
http://www.safaribooksonline.com/peachpit/refresh/?cid=200906-peachpit-ug-refresh

== On Peachpit.com ==

New articles:

  Running Header Text Variables in Adobe InDesign CS4
  By Michael Murphy
  http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1349397

  Not Just for the Faint of 'Art': Learning 3D Basics in Photoshop CS4
  By Andrew Faulkner
  http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1349302

  iMovie 09 and iDVD for Mac OS X: Lighting
  By Jeff Carlson
  http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1352539

  Random Picture Rotation with JavaScript
  By Charles Wyke-Smith
  http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1347505

  Using Layers for Transparency and Clipping in Illustrator CS4
  By David Karlins
  http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1347501

Monthly Book Selection

   Please visit http://www.peachpit.com/user_groups/book.aspx to select your
   free monthly book. Remember, we will accept book requests for up to two
   weeks after you receive the monthly newsletter. Be sure to get your requests
   in by the deadline, so you can continue to enjoy great books for free!

   Select the operating state for your group and click Submit. Select your
   group name from the pull-down menu and fill in ALL the required fields that
   follow. Please do not forget to include your phone number as this is now
   required for shipping.

   ***PLEASE NOTE!*** INCOMPLETE REQUESTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED

   If you experience any problems with the form, you can submit your monthly
   book selection directly to usergroups at peachpit.com.

New Releases

   _Digital Illustration_

   The Adobe Illustrator CS4 Wow! Book
   By Sharon Steuer
   List Price: $59.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321605586

   _Digital Photography_

   Beyond Digital Photography: Transforming Photos into Fine Art with
   Photoshop and Painter
   By Cher Threinen-Pendarvis and Donal Jolley
   List Price: $44.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321410211

   _Digital Video_

   The Flip Mino Pocket Guide
   By Chris Breen
   List Price: $14.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321637534

   _iLife 09_

   The Macintosh iLife 09
   By Jim Heid
   List Price: $39.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321601343

   _Imaging Editing_

   Learn Adobe Photoshop CS4 by Video: Core Training in Visual
   Communication
   By Video2Brain
   List Price: $59.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321634934

   _Internet Marketing_

   Search Engine Advertising: Buying Your Way to the Top to Increase Sales,
   2nd Ed.
   By Kevin Lee and Catherine Seda
   List Price: $34.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321495993

   _Mobile_

   The Google Phone Pocket Guide
   By Jason D. O'Grady
   List Price: $14.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321620593

   _Unix_

   Unix and Linux, 4th Ed.: Visual QuickStart Guide
   By Deborah S. Ray and Eric J. Ray
   List Price: $29.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321636783

   _Web Design & Development / Programming_

   jQuery: Visual QuickStart Guide
   By Steven Holzner
   List Price: $29.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321647491

   Speaking in Styles: Fundamentals of CSS for Web Designers
   By Jason Cranford Teague
   List Price: $44.99
   http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321574168

For Groups New to Our User Group Program

   _USER GROUP COUPON CODE_

   We provide your group members with a 35% discount off the list price of any
   of our books. At checkout, right before entering their credit card
   information, they must enter the user group coupon code _UE-23AA-PEUF_
   (case-sensitive). This coupon code is an exclusive offer that may not be
   used in conjunction with any other coupon codes.

   _PEARSON AFFILIATE PROGRAM_

   Your user group is a valued member of our Pearson community, and we would
   like to extend an invitation to you to join and earn money for your group.
   Learn more and join at www.peachpit.com/affiliates.

   _BULK ORDERS_

   We have transitioned Peachpit's User Group bulk sales management to our
   Corporate Sales department. All bulk order requests should be directed to
   our Corporate Sales professionals. Groups will not be restricted to ordering
   a certain number of titles, but rate is set on a sliding scale based on
   quantity ordered.

   Please e-mail any inquiries to corpsales at pearsoned.com and include your
   group name, city, and state. A representative for your region of the country
   will contact you to set up your account, obtain your order, and answer
   questions on discounts.

   _BOOKS FOR REVIEW_

   Requests for books to review should be sent to usergroups at peachpit.com
   and come from the group leader only.

   Your e-mail should list the following information IN THE FORMAT THAT
   FOLLOWS:

   ??? GROUP NAME/YOUR NAME
   ??? ADDRESS
   ??? PHONE
   ??? QUANTITY
   ??? ISBN AND TITLE

   Members have 90 days to complete a review, post it on the group's Web site
   or in your UG newsletter (if applicable), and send it to us.

   We also ask that reviewers try to post their reviews to Web sites such as
   Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Borders. We value the fact that you can share
   your opinions in other public forums!

   © 2009 Pearson Education, Peachpit Press. All rights reserved.
   1249 Eighth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer