[vox] [vox-announce] RFC: Opportunity for LUGOD to advertise on Unitrans

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jul 27 11:12:02 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 01:43:29AM -0700, Michael Cheselka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this not working? "It's the same reason we bother plastering
> bulletin boards on the UC Davis campus..."

We don't post flyers to bulletin boards nearly as often as _I'd_ like us to.
(_I_ certainly never have the chance to hit UC campus... I only hit a
few coffee shops, and sometimes a bookstore or three).

So in that sense, it's not working becauswe we're not making an effort.

> It's seems like a waste of money.

People often print off and/or copy flyers themselves.  Every once in
a while (lately, it seems like only about once a year, for our anniversary
meetings) we print a large run off at a local copy shop.  I think the last
time we did this it cost $70.  (I think that also included printing a LOT
of handouts for Software Freedom Day and to generally have handy at
meetings and other events -- i.e., not flyers for the club, but general
Linux/Open Source/etc. info. handouts.)