[vox] [fwd] event reminder; july 25- tenderloin tech fair! [SF]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jul 21 12:46:24 PDT 2009

Seen on SF-LUG.  I don't see the event listed here:
http://www.stanthonysf.org/events/
but presumably you can contact Lx to find out more,
or just show up.
(Original post at: http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/
... somewhere.  It's respondly very slowly.)

----- Forwarded message from Lx Rudis -----

hello LUGgers,

just another reminder about this weekend's...

Tenderloin Tech Fair

we'll be demonstrating Linux and installing appropriate
distros for people who attend the event.  volunteers
will be fed - last time we had coffee/donuts in the morning
and a pizza lunch.

this is a very friendly event, and a great opportunity to
evangelize Linux.  the event runs for 4 hours mid-day,
and we've got an extra two hours before and after to deal
with our equipment - we have six stations of Ubuntu-equipped
PCs to use for demonstration purposes.

please consider coming down for an hour or three to help
out!

event location:
Computer Center, Saint Anthony Foundation
150 Golden Gate Ave [2 blocks from market st.]
San Francisco CA 94102

event date:
Saturday, July 25th.

set up starts at:
8:30am

doors will open at:
10:00am

event will end at:
2:00pm

teardown will end at:
4:00pm

Sign ups have begun for the classes, tutoring, tech repair
with ReliaTech
and Linux meetings for open source software.

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer