[vox] [fwd] LUGOD Treasury Position And Financials

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 10 17:28:38 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 03:54:48PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Good point.  I agree.  I've asked Greg to investigate banks that make
> sense for LUGOD (in terms of sensible rates, easy access for LUG officers
> to to deposits, etc.)

Greg talked to Wells Fargo, but they cannot provide any service that
won't end up charging us $5/mo for not having $1000 or more in the checking
account.

I walked next door (I'm at Common Grounds at the moment) to Yolo Federal
Credit Union and asked what they could provide.  They have a "Simply Free"
checking service for businesses & groups like us.

Based on my _very_ brief discussion with one of the nice folks there,
I was told we'd need to:

(1) Pay $10 to open the account (and provide details and copies of IDs
    for people who will have access to the account)
(2) Keep $200 in the Savings Account throughout the month (or maybe it was
    month-to-month?  In any case, I'm not sure if we can dip below $200)

Considering we have $800+ right now, and very little in the way of
expenditures, I think that's survivable.

It seems Henry did not supply any kind of ledger to Greg, nor is there
an up-to-date one on the website, last I checked.  At the least, I can
list the _inflow_, based on donations at meetings.  This will give an idea of
how much we take in, on average:

2006.01.16 $26.00
2006.02.20 $38.00
2006.03.20 $18.00
2006.04.17 $??.??
2006.06.19 $3.00
2006.08.21 $20.00
2006.09.18 $?.??
2006.10.16 $?.??
2006.11.20 $0.00
2007.01.15 $?.??
2007.02.19 None collected
2007.03.19 $??.??
2007.05.21 $29.00
2007.06.18 $??.??
2007.07.16 $??.??
2007.09.17 $??.??
2007.10.15 $??.??
2008.01.21 $55.50
2008.02.18 $0.00
2008.03.17 $??.??
2008.04.21 $??.??
2008.05.16 $??.??
2008.06.16 $0.00
2008.07.21 None collected
2008.08.18 None collected
2008.09.15 None collected
2008.10.20 None collected
2008.11.17 $59.80
2008.12.15 $43.49
2009.01.19 $290.00
2009.02.16 $??.??
2009.03.16 $13.89
2009.04.20 $23.74
2009.05.18 $14.00
2009.06.15 $23.35

Sadly, it looks like there were a bunch of times that Henry and/or Nick
and/or I didn't figure out how much was collected, and therefore the
amounts didn't get into the meeting minutes.

(I think I know how much was taken in at February's meeting, it's probably
on a slip of paper in our due collection jar, along with all of the cash
from Feb, Mar, Apr, May and June. -- So we actually have $75+ more than
what Greg received from Henry.)

Oh crap, plus Alex gave me $40, which I put in my wallet, and eventually
ate into.  So _I_ also now owe LUGOD $40 from an Installfest.  *sigh*

BLAH! >:^(  Glad this is all getting back on track, though.

Sent from my computer