[vox] LUGOD at Explorit

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jul 1 13:45:29 PDT 2009

I met with Lou at Explorit for a few minutes today, and told him about
LUGOD and what we need in terms of a venue.

He's going to look and see what kind of room we could use at one of
their locations (one on 2nd, one on 5th, both not too far from where we
met at Z-World in the past).  The maximum capacity would be 30 people.

We may need to get our own projector screen (they cost about $100, and it'd
probably be good to have one, regardless), but it sounds like they do have
one meeting room at 5th Street that has a screen, and has a door directly
to the outside (rather than having to go into the main lobby and walk around
inside).

We'd need to get a key and alarm code, since our 7-9pm meeting time is
after-hours for them.  (I told Lou that we've done that plenty times with
the Library.)

In the meantime, we do still need a venue for THIS month's meeting: July 20th.

Alex - do you think you could find something at UC Davis?  Or shall I look
at renting a room somewhere with the City of Davis?  (Or does anyome else
have any suggestions?)

Thanks!

Sent from my computer