[vox] Good printer for Ubuntu ?

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Mon Jan 26 23:22:57 PST 2009

Scott Miller wrote:
> Hey Chris I have a (slightly old-now) Samsung ML-2250. It's a black
> and white laser. Samsung makes Linux drivers for these, though it's
> auto-detected by most distros out of the box as well.
>
> It was only like $150 new from newegg a few years ago. Toners run
> around $65 I think, and they last a long time (1-2 years).

	And I have an old HP1200 Laserjet printer. The other day I
	installed the 'hplip' package and today when I plugged in the
	USB cable on my 8.10 system it auto-config the printer and
	worked right the first time.

	The toner for my printer is $100 each.

	Bottom line: HP printer may require the hplip package.

								Tony