[vox] Amarok 2.x - should I upgrade?

Wes Hardaker wjhns156 at hardakers.net
Tue Feb 3 08:02:53 PST 2009

BK> I love Amarok.  I'm still using 1.4 (from KDE 3.5 days), since
BK> that's what's packaged in Kubuntu 8.10.  Amarok 2.x is for KDE 4,
BK> and I'm using and enjoying KDE 4.2 on my laptop now.

Like much of the rest of the 4.x series, you'll fire it up and say
"huh?".  There are definite advantages to the newer 4.x version of
amarok, but I actually don't like the interface as much.  Probably just
because I haven't actually done much to set it up.  It *is* very
customizable.

My wife was talking about an NPR report she had just listened to on the
way home and asked if I heard it.  I said I had not, quickly jumped over
to amarok with the new live-list-of-streams found it with a few
expansions of the NPR stream and said "you mean this one?".  That was
pretty cool feeling...