[vox] Amarok 2.x - should I upgrade?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Feb 2 15:33:05 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 03:20:36PM -0800, Zach Johnson wrote:
> which is much like the XMMS GUI.

I haven't used XMMS in a while, but these days I really need
a music _organizer_ more than just a player.  And that's where
Amarok really shines.

Heck, I can filter my collection based on the star ratings I gave
the songs.  The other day I was listening, randomly, to every song
I had not yet rated, so that I could give them each a rating.

Moodbar's pretty nifty, too. :)

And speaking of eyecandy, I'm waiting for some visualizations to
come out as Plasma widgets, so I can have a little musically-driven
light show playing in my taskbar. >:^)