[vox] [roselug] new?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Dec 26 23:27:14 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 01:03:59PM -0800, Wanda Schwall wrote:
>    I am researching a new CPU.

As in, looking to buy a new CPU or a new system?
Or literally doing research into the development of a new CPU? :)

>    Are you still going?

I don't believe RoseLUG is active any more.  If you're willing
to trek to Sacramento or Davis, there's SacLUG and LUGOD,
respectively:

  http://www.saclug.org/
  http://www.lugod.org/

SacLUG meets monthly, lately at a restaurant(?), typically
with an 'open agenda.'  It looks like their next one will
be January 21st.

LUGOD meets twice monthly.  There is a social gathering
over dinner at a restaurant.  And there is a formal
meeting with a presentation by a guest speaker.

LUGOD's next social is January 5th.  The next meeting
will be its 11th anniversary (free food, cake & prizes!),
and the guest speaker will be someone from LifeRay, Inc.
For future meeting topics, see: http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/

>    Is Linux available here?

FYI, LUGOD holds Installfest workshops, too!  However, due to
problems finding a venue (combined with lack of spare time on the
part of the volunteer who coordinates them right now), we don't
have one scheduled.  However, you can learn more and RSVP for
the next one -- whenever it will be -- at: http://www.lugod.org/if/

PS - Both LUGOD and SacLUG run mailing lists, which are a bit more
active than this one.  (I didn't even realize this list was still
alive!)

Good luck & have a safe happy new year, everyone!

-bill!
(who's the current president, and was a co-founder, of LUGOD... but
who has also been involved in, and occasional guest speaker at,
both SacLUG and RoseLUG)

Cc'ing LUGOD & SacLUG lists, too
Bcc'ing the original poster