[vox] Distributing FOSS for Windows vs only distributing Linux at events [fwd from a thread on sf-lug]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Aug 31 10:32:52 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:25:46AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> So discussion came up over on the SF-LUG list when someone mentioned
> creating FOSS-for-Windows CDs to hand out (for Software Freedom Day?)
> and others (e.g., Rick Moen, seen replied-to below) argued that the
> focus should be Linux, otherwise one's just being 'an enabler.'

And for those who want to see the whole discussion, the threads start here:

  http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2009q3/006865.html

and here:

  http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2009q3/006873.html

... if I'm reading the "Q3 2009 archive, by thread" page right.
( http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2009q3/thread.html )