[vox] Fwd: Re: How was Explorit?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Aug 18 13:54:44 PDT 2009

Gandalf posted form a non-sub'd address again. :)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:34:34 -0700
From: vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org
Subject: Auto-discard notification
To: vox-owner at lists.lugod.org

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:34:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gandalf  Parker <gandalf at community.net>
Subject: Re: [vox] How was Explorit?

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>So what did people think of Explorit?  I spoke briefly with Brian last night
>(thanks again for filling in for me, both as officer and presenter :) ).

I finally made it to a meeting and paid my "dues". You finally had a
subject I simply could not pass on. Past subjects didnt really strike me
as "user" subjects. Im not sure about the rest of you but it seems like
most of the questions I get from considering or newly-trying users concern
games, or "neat tricks" like making it talk, run house items, etc.

I only had 2 near misses on hitting the correct turns to get there so Id
say it was easy to find. It seemed good for a small crowd to all talk to
each other.

>It sounded like the only big consideration for upcoming meetings is
>bringing an extension cord, so that the projector can be further away from
>the wall.  Do people think we need a projection screen too, though?

I have a screen left over from the defunct Solano PC Users Group, or the
defunct ISP Community.net Im not sure which.  But its easier to transport
a white sheet which can double as a table cover for conventions.

Gandalf  Parker

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer