[vox] Why Ubuntu, Kubuntu?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Apr 21 20:36:53 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 08:13:10PM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
> (I'm sticking with Kubuntu 8.04 to avoid KDE 4.x.  Sorry bill!.)

Ah, but did you read THIS?

  Kubuntu Jaunty KDE 3 Remix Release Candidate
  http://www.kubuntu.org/node/77

  A remix of our Jaunty Release Candidate has been made with KDE 3
  packages. The main focus of this remix is to keep the mature, stable,
  and familiar KDE3.5 desktop environment available for easy
  installation and use. Along the way, various bugs have been fixed, and
  small enhancements added, see the release notes page for information
  and where to download.

My wife also does not like KDE 4, but she's running Kununtu 8.10 with
KDE 3.5 on it. (Someone, err, 'backported'? What would you call it
in this situation? :) )