[vox] 10% voucher for LPI exam at Pearson VUE training centers

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Apr 17 13:09:29 PDT 2009

Linux Professional Institute (LPI) has provided LUGOD with 20 vouchers
for 10% off any one LPI exam (101, 102, 201, 202, 301, 302 or 303).

I've run off some vouchers on paper, to hand out at meetings, but since
all the voucher really is is a unique code, I'm happy to email one to
anyone who cannot make it to an upcoming meeting.  (I'll then discard the
paper copy, so that noone accidentally tries to reuse the code.)

The voucher codes are valid through July 13, 2010.  I had the choice of
getting vouchers for Pearson VUE or Prometrics.  Both have 3 locations
in Sacramento, but I found the former's website to be WAY easier to use,
so I chose VUE.

Their three Sac locations (also printed on the voucher sheets I made,
for your convenience) are:

  Sky Walk Inc, 6151 Freeport Blvd, Ste 158, Sac 95822
  IS Inc, 2554 Millcreek Dr, Sac 95833
& Unitek Education, 1111 Howe Ave #205, Sac 95825

LPI has been contacting other local LUGs, including SacLUG.
I'm not sure if they've decided to get some vouchers.  If SacLUG did,
I'd prefer to give these ones to LUGOD folks, since I asked for a limited
quantity.  (I didn't want to have to run off 100 sheets... nor cut-n-paste
that many codes into my nice little template ;) )

Anyway, let me know, off-list, if you'd like one of the twenty codes I have.

Thanks,