[vox] Off-topic: Pumpkin carving - Fairfield

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Tue Oct 28 15:44:22 PDT 2008

Hello:

	This is off topic but seeing the time of year I will put it out.

	For the past 12 years a friend of mine has been carving pumpkins
	and putting them up in his front yard. Last year we set a new
	record for ourselves for a total of *448* pumpkins. Take a
	look at the below URL for pictures and additional information.

	 http://hematite.com/craig/

	Also last year we had two stain glass pumpkins (pumpkins with
	stain glass inserts in them. Take a look at the web page).

	Anyway starting Wed. night until midnight, all day Thursday
	and Friday we will be carving this years set. We will light
	them on both Friday and Saturday night.

	So if you would like to come we would welcome the help. The
	house is in the Fairfield area (Green Valley to give a better
	hit). If you contact me I will be willing to give directions
	but this is a *PURE* word of mouth type event as there is very
	limited access and we want to be nice to the other people who
	live in the area.

	I should also mention you do not need to bring a pumpkin as we
	will have at least 6 pallets load of them to work with. We also
	have a number of stencils you can use for the pumpkins or you
	can bring your own or even free hand one. We do ask if you do
	come that you leave the carved pumpkin with us for the patch.
	If you don't have the art skills to do the carving we also need
	people to help 'gut' the pumpkins. If you would like to help but
	only has a couple of hours you can spend that is great come. If
	you have more time to help then come and join the fun.

	On Friday and Saturday evening I also need help lighting the
	pumpkins as it will take at least 5 of us and an 90 minutes
	to light all of the pumpkins.

	Friday night (only) is an open house party. If you would like to
	being something to share to eat you are welcome to so. If you
	only want to stop by too look at the lit pumpkins please do so
	(and there will be some treats for the kids). I should also
	mention this is a 'dry' event. No hard drinks! So there will be
	no beer, wine other hard drinks.

	In the past I know of people who have come from Davis,
	Sacramento and San Jose just come and see the results. As
	for people helping some of Craig family will come from as
	far away as Utah or LA to help.

	This is a fun family event. Craig's family, neighbors, church
	members and friends come and help to make this a fun event.

	You can E-mail me directly at cratz at hematite.com or call my
	cell phone at (707) 425-1452 if you would like directions.

	Again this is a pure word of mouth. WE DO NOT WANT ANY NEWS
	CREWS. Lets be nice to Craig's neighbors and keep this contain.

							Tony