[vox] Advertising LUGOD on Unitrans?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Oct 15 22:17:18 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:00:01PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Sounds like they need to start charging more...

Since 2006, they did. ;)  Looks like $565 to get interior signs on the
33 more-often-in-service 40-foot buses.  (Or $750 to get interior signs
on ALL 42 busses, including some lest-often 35-foot ones.)

It also sounds like you need to make the signs yourself, which means even
more cost:

    The interior signs MUST be 11" tall, but may be 30" in length or
    shorter. It is now a requirement that the signs be laminated as to
    ensure a longer life span and to prevent damage. Past experience has
    shown that poster board alone warps and falls off of the sign rails,
    no matter its thickness. In general, using thinner poster material in
    conjunction with lamination costs less than thick paper alone. The
    target paper strength is between standard letter quality and poster
    board. The paper can not be however any thicker than card stock/
    poster board paper. The lamination border may not be any greater than
    1/8", and must beincluded in the 11" height measurement.

An "Academic Year" seems to run from late Sept. thru mid June.
I'm not sure what happens to the signs during summer... do you get that
for free? :)

So we'll need to worry about this in the middle of next year.  I still
think it's worth it, if we can get some sponsorship to help us afford it.

Henry - are you out there?  What's our current bank balance???