[vox] BerkeleyTIP video was- Re: Linux Users' Group of Davis, Oct. 20th meeting: "code_swarm"

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Oct 10 00:24:28 PDT 2008

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:26:14 -0700, "Bill Kendrick" <nbs at sonic.net> said:

> I don't personally have any video recording gear, nor does the club as an
> org. :^/  (I've got a digital still camera that can take videos... great
> for
> catching the baby doing something cute.  Not something I'd want to try
> and
> use for a presentation at a meeting.)
>
> Anyone else out here willing to come by and record the meeting?  I know
> PenLUG's been doing that a lot lately, and people seem to enjoy it.

noproblem if you're not ready to do it this time. There's always the
future.  Besides, from below it sounds like you're somewhat
over-volunteering as it is. ;)

> > If you record it, or any other videos ever, be sure to send an email to
> > the BerkeleyTIP-Global list so I'll  be aware it's available.  I'm gonna
> > also try to include a NYLUG video they just recorded, for November -
> > this will be the first month where LUGs will have videos that
> > BerkeleyTIP-Global viewers around the world might watch.
>
> Ugh... not yet another list to be on, sorry.  But obviously I'd announce
> any
> video posts to LUGOD, so if you notice it, you could pass it along.
>
> Speaking of which, I really need to stop being _3 out out 4_ elected
> officers.
> (I think Nick's back in town, so I guess now I'm only 2 out of 4.)
>
> Elections are coming up.  I want HELP. :(

Bill - If the help you'd like is help to reduce your time or workload,
perhaps You might want to consider the following way to
1) ease your workload, &
2) perhaps improve LUGOD in some way:

You could move some of LUGODs existing meetings/events to the 1st Sat of
each month, & have LUGOD events simultaneous with the BerkeleyTIP-Global
meeting.  THat could save you talk scheduling effort, at least.  & LUGOD
members could have more talks to choose from or attend. & they'd be the
most interesting/informative talks globally, each month.  & you could
still have local speakers.  It would save you from _having_ to arrange
speakers each month.

Let me know if you &/or LUGOD is interested.  This month, one goal I
have is to begin sending more invitations to California LUGs.  People
can even join from home, using IRC & VOIP (ekiga is what we're working
with currently), & don't _have_ to set up a meeting.  So, there's likely
to be more community members online for LUGODers to interact with.

:)