[vox] Laptop recommendation

Marianne Waage yamara at plush.org
Wed May 28 15:40:19 PDT 2008

We have mixed luck with Dell. It's reasonable to assume they'll be
around in 3 years, if you have a warranty and problems. However,
with a desktop system, it has taken us probably 1 or 1.5 months to
get everything fixed with it. It has been amazingly frustrating.

However, desktops have "we'll send a technician to fix it" warranty
while laptops have "send it to us and we'll fix it" warranty. That
might make some difference in experience... Maybe.

We've had a few older problems resolved relatively quickly though.
It's hard to say how much is just bad luck.

-Marianne