[vox] new here....

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri May 2 08:21:57 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 10:45:07PM -0700, laura lawrence wrote:
>    New to the area, new to Linux (running Ubuntu on my new desktop).  I
>    noticed there's a social gathering next Tuesday... is this an appropriate
>    event for a potential new member?

Hi Laura, welcome to the group!  Yes, the social gatherings certainly are!
It's apparently sometimes hard to find the group in Crepeville, since
they don't put up a big "LUGOD" sign at the table, but hopefully you'll find
them.

(I'd go too, but I work in the Bay Area on Tuesdays, so can't make them.)

Also, just so you know, it's very likely that we'll be rescheduling our
May general meeting to a different day and location, to catch a speaker who'll
only be in the US for a few days in the middle of May. :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/