[vox] [fwd] RSVP for the Linux Picnic [Sunnyvale in August... uh... 9th?]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Jul 19 11:39:41 PDT 2008

Picn*x is coming up again, down in Sunnyvale:

----- Forwarded message from Ian Kluft <ikluft at thunder.sbay.org> -----

Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 04:03:09 -0700
From: Ian Kluft <ikluft at thunder.sbay.org>
Subject: [Picnic Announce] RSVP for the Linux Picnic
To: Linux Picnic Announcements <announce at linuxpicnic.org>

The Linux Picnic online RSVP form is up and running at
   http://www.linuxpicnic.org/guests/rsvp.pl

Please spread the word to your friends who are Linux and Open Source
participants and enthusiasts.

I'm sorry this wasn't ready sooner.  We usually prefer to have this by June.

We had a problem with a program with a memory leak that crippled the server
and made spammer botnet DDoS attacks far more effective than they should
have been.  A lot of scarce spare time got diverted to repairing that
situation.  (That's an explanation, not an excuse.)

----- End forwarded message -----