[vox] Internet Exploder install

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Sun Jul 6 14:47:27 PDT 2008

Of course after posting my question, I couldn't wait for feedback, so I
installed the latest Wine (slightly different than the Ubuntu
instructions than on tatanka.com.br , applied to hardy).

http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

Then I installed cabextract

sudo apt-get install wine cabextract

Then I downloaded the latest of ies4linux

wget http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/downloads/ies4linux-latest.tar.gz

Untarred it and ran it.

tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
cd ies4linux-*
./ies4linux

It worked! Only thing I noticed is that wineserver sucked up all my cpu.
I had to kill -9 it. Otherwise it does seem to work.

brian

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 10:03:27PM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Hi
>
> > What do you guys think of
> > IEs 4 Linux
> > http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
>
> Well, it completely jammed up my whole Linux Ubuntu 8.04 machine and
> desktop.  So, Exploder did for me what it's designed to do ;)  At
> least, that's what it did last time I used an XP machine and a Win2k
> machine.  Long time ago.
>

> --
> Richard
> www.sheflug.org.uk