[vox] MP3 Player for Linux

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Jan 25 07:10:24 PST 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008 21:20:39 Chris Horsting wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am considering replacing my current mp3 player.  Currently, I have a
> SanDisk Sansa c140 1G player.  The menu is not display text, or
> pictures.
>
> To connect my mp3 player to my Ubuntu desktop, I have to using Amarok.
> On my windows machine, I was able to drag and drop files to my mp3
> player. So, is there mp3 player in the market that is made for Linux?

Chris,

I don't know about "Made for Linux", but I've had a lot of luck with my
Creative Zen Nomad XTra.  Under KDE, I can connect with Amarok, but also drag
and drop so long as I have KZenExplorer installed and the kio_njb libraries
installed.  I believe that there's also a product called GNomad which is
comparable to KZenExplorer, but built for Gnome -- however, I've had less
luck using that one.

--
Richard S. Crawford
Editor-in-chief, Daikaijuzine (http://www.daikaijuzine.com)