[vox] Network Attached Storage device recommendation?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Tue Dec 30 00:23:13 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:29:07AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:51:38AM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> > What about iscsi?
> >

> What about it...? :)  Got some products I can look at?

Well, it just seems that having a block device rather than a network
attached storage could be a big bonus. It just seems that the prices are
still high. If you look at openfiler, it will do iscsi. But, I don't
know what the speed is if you don't have an accelerator on their system.
Anyone have any comments?

Buffalo has a couple appliances and I think they even sell them at
Fry's. It might be worth it to get iscsi support if you can. Or, get a
hackable device like that supports it. But, maybe the overhead is too
high without an accelerator?

brian
--
Brian Lavender