[vox] Appreciation from the Philippines

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Dec 15 17:47:41 PST 2008

Back when LUGOD was founded and we settled on the name, I didn't realize
that "Lugod" was a surname.

The other day I received a very nice email from someone with that name,
and they said I could pass this along to the club:

   I just want to share an experience that I am physically thankful today, I
   am searching for the ancestors of Lugod and yet I found the website of
   Lugod that I am most totally touched... that " Hey they're using my
   surname in a GOOD dids/deeds" and I am really really proud of what you and
   Lugod had started ten years ago that you are helping your fellow americans
   to learn somehow for free. Thanks to the sponsors who are helping Lugod to
   survive for ten years and more.....
   more....more.....more....more....more.... and I am hoping that there will
   be more sponsors that Lugod can get so that Lugod can help more. I just
   wish somehow I am physically there though I am so far... I'm here in
   philippines :( Hope this not the first and last of this conversation.
   Again, Thanks very much!!! More Blessings!!
   Best regards,
   --
   Maricris S. Lugod

Very sweet. :)