[vox] opinions of linux hosting sites?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Dec 4 13:10:06 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 09:02:52AM -0800, Gandalf  Parker wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 07:38:08AM -0800, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have opinions of the various linux-ish hosting sites out there?
>
> As a hosting service I love Sonic.net
> Its local. Ive known them since they were a BBS and now they are national. They are very tech friendly and approachable on any quirky thing you want to arrange.

Definitely.

I was once paying out the nose for bandwidth for a little RaQ server one of
my sites was being hosted on.  I discovered ServerBeach (via an ad on Slashdot)
and switched to them.  Most of my sites are hosted there, and it's been great.
(I get root on my own Debian box.)

Soon after signing up for that, I discovered that Sonic had a similar deal
(in terms of capabilities and price), but by then it was too late.

Of course, as you can see by my email address, I still use Sonic.
newbreedsoftware.com is hosted on my account, and my DSL here in Davis is
through them.

So +1 for both Sonic.net (I'm actually 'friends' with Dane and Scot on
Facebook, though I don't think I've ever met them in real life),
and for ServerBeach.

Good luck!