[vox] 144-Pin SO-DIMM Wanted

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Thu Aug 21 09:20:23 PDT 2008

We just got a Brother HL-4070CDW color laser printer.  Beautiful machine,
amazingly low price, and much cheaper to operate than an inkjet.

Only problem is, Linux support requires using the printer's Postscript
emulation ("BR-Script3") which seems to be painfully slow when printing
photos.  The Windows driver uses PCL6 and is much faster.  The vendor says
that adding memory is the way to fix this.  It came with 64MB.

So, does anyone have a piece of 144-pin 256MB or 512MB SO-DIMM sitting
around that they'd part with for a small fee?  Specs from the manual are:

  144 pin
  64-bit output
  CAS latency 2
  100 Mhz or more
  Height: 1.25 in.

Probably best to email me off-line.  I expect to be passing thru Davis
this weekend, or sooner.  Thanks.

Rod