[vox] Graduate degree at UCD...?

Don W don.werve at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 12:29:57 PDT 2008

@Brian:

Actually, the plan is to finish up a few undergraduate requirements at
Sac State as an unclassified graduate student, and then apply for
graduate school elsewhere -- not that I've got anything against Sac
State, but I'd like to go towards a more research-oriented school.
That, and it'd be nice to live elsewhere for a couple of years without
having to go back to Japan. *grin*

On the flip side, if I discover that I really like things at Sac
State, I might stay there -- we shall see.

@Marianne:

I'm not sure how big the Math program is, but do you know a James
Forehand by any chance?

@Justin:

I'd like to have a chance to more-or-less just chat about current
research, life as a CS grad at UCD (since every department is a
different world), maybe have a chance to look at the facilities.  I
know, odd request, and more work than I really need to do, but there's
no sense in applying if I really wouldn't fit in well.