[vox] spam question

Scott Miller scottlinux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:04:15 PDT 2008

I agree with Tony:

 Use the Spamhaus list which is constantly updated. It is free for individual
use or non-profit.

Spam can be sent from someone's computer if it has been unknowingly
compromised. At my job we had a customer who had a machine sending out spam.
(Over 200 messages a day) The culprit was a bad infection known
as 'WinReanimator.'

You have to also tell people to look out for the work-at-home ads on
craigslist and such. Often these things have you install software that turns
your Windows PC into a spam bot sending out spam. It's a scam!

Scott