[vox] xtra monitors?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue May 15 00:21:03 PDT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 07:11:05PM -0700, Orson Jones wrote:
> Well, I don't know where to get cheap LCDs, but you can go through a lot of $5 CRTs for $100. I can find plenty of used CRTs at my local university surplus. (Utah State) That said, If anyone knows where to get good cheap LCDs, I'm sure I'm not the only one who whould like to know.

Well, I considered this pretty cheap, especially for brand-new:

$219 for an LG "Flatron" 17" LCD (1440 x 900 rez, good contrast, 2ms
refresh rate, DVI-D and VGA inputs) from Best Buy.

I almost got some used Dell LCD from work (15", 1024x768, dunno the rest
of the specs) for $50, but they decided to offer the spare monitors for
dual-monitor setups for whomever wanted them.

So, a coupla data points. :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/