OT: Re: [vox] Fwd: Relocating to Davis....

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Wed Mar 14 15:15:52 PDT 2007

> Howdy!
>
> I'm a *nix-head whose about to relocate to Davis.
> Fortunately I get to keep to my [developer] job in
> Florida and will be working remotely.  However if
> someone could help orient me now, before I decide
> where to live, I'd appreciate it.
>
> I have some various questions not only about net
> access, but also where to live.  Among other things, I
> want to be able to work on my Mustangs without being
> hassled by an apt. manager (they're bad about that in
> FL).
>
> Anyway, if it's OT then email me lawson08 at yahoo.com  I
> appreciate any help!  Thanks!

Welcome to Davis (in advance). I'd suggest you look for a house or
duplex instead of an apartment. All apartments that I know of forbid
storing non-operating cars in their lots. Recommended resources for you:

http://daviswiki.org/Rental_Housing_Guide
http://daviswiki.org/Property_Management (to find houses for rent)
http://www.davisenterprise.com/admarket/rentals/ (to find for-rent ads)

and of course Craigslist is good.